Use the white chia seed if you can get it.
Chia Seed Carob Shake (delicious!)
Put in a blender:
2 oz Almond milk
1 tbs Chia seed
1 tbs Flax seed
1/2 tsp Stevia powder
1/2 Banana (can be frozen)
1 tbs Tahini
1 tbs Carob powder
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 tbs Coconut oil (Extra Virgin)
4 oz Water
Start blending slowly and work it up to top speed to purify the seeds.
Next is a link to “Jeff’s” shake. – another nutritious shake that has nothing to do with chia seed. But he uses some other “milks” (and he warns about soy) that look safer and more nutritious than the almond milk above. Here they are, nipped from his link:
- Start with a milk substitute and do NOT use SOY beverages (see bottom of page).
- These are the best three products available and all come in one quart containers…refrigerate before use. I often put 2/3 of the one quart in the blender and add even more after the main mixing is complete.:
- * Pacific Natural Foods Organic Oat Non-Dairy Low Fat Original
- (Widely available. Stay away from their Vanilla version because it has Natural Flavors in it…which often contain appetite stimulants most notably MSG. The company refused to tell me what is in their ‘Natural Flavors.’)
- * Manitoba Harvest Certified Organic Hemp Bliss Vanilla Non-Dairy Beverage
- (This Vanilla is ok and contains ‘organic vanilla flavors’ only. This is an outstanding product from Canada based on the wonder plant, hemp. I often mix it half and half with the Pacific Organic Oat drink above).
- * Rice Dream Organic – Original Flavor
- (This ‘Organic’ version of Rice Dream Original is brand new. I used to recommend Chocolate or Carob Rice Dream but the company added ‘Natural Flavors’ to them. I phoned the corporate offices and identified myself as a nationally-syndicated journalist as asked them what, exactly, is in their ‘Natural Flavors.’ I went up through three different levels of supervisors at the company, and all three flatly refused to disclose to me what is in their ‘Natural Flavors’…which tells me they contain MSG…used to drive up sales. Read labels!)
- To your choice of the above in a blender, you can add, as an option, add an equal portion of organic orange or some other juice.
- Remaining ingredients:
- One Banana (optional) or fresh or frozen berries or other fruit.
- Organic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder (from NutriBiotic)
- Udo’s 3-6-9 Oil Blend (2-3 Tbsns)
- Udo’s Beyond Greens (or ANY good ‘green’ product)
- Udo’s Fast Food Blend (optional)
- Ambrotose from Mannatech (saccharides) (1-2 Tsp)
- Liquid Trace Minerals (a few drops)
- Raw Almonds/Walnuts (6-8)
- One tablespoon of Peanut Butter occasionally
- Blend and enjoy!