Good health comes from good digestion and metabolism.
Digestion is the process of disassembling the food you eat passing nutrition into the blood, and takes place entirely in the alimentary canal. This is not really inside the body, and whatever is not moved into the body by entering the bloodstream will be expelled as waste.
Metabolism, on the other hand, is the process of living cells taking in nutrition from the bloodstream, using it for their life processes, and expelling what they can’t use back to the bloodstream or lymphatic system as waste. This is like digestion but in the microcosm.
So digestive disorders are not just about constipation, diarrhea, colitis, and so on. You can suffer from digestive disorders and not even know it as such. You would be amazed at how many organs and systems in your body are affected by your digestion – for good or for ill: The brain, thyroid, lungs, the immune system, and so on. Below is a short interview with the author of the ground-breaking book, Breaking the Vicious Cycle: Intestinal Health through Diet.
But before the book, here is a short video describing a few very simple but very effective things you can do that can improve even very difficult conditions.
Okay, now the book.
While the above interview is excellent, the following is possibly the best resource on restoring your digestion: Breaking the Vicious Cycle – Intestinal Health through Diet with the Specific Carbohydrate Diet
And from other sources…
Ensure your stomach produces enough hydrochloric acid! I need to look up how, but I’m pretty sure that lemon or lime juice and salt (natural salt, not table salt, which is bleached) will do it. If you’re looking for symptoms, low stomach acid can cause acid reflux and/or vomiting.
People think that acid reflux is a symptom of too much stomach acid, but generally the opposite is the case. Acid reflux occurs due to the stomach compensating for low acid by churning the food extra hard. This forces some stomach contents up the esophagus, causing the acid reflux. Even weak stomach acid will burn the heck out of your throat!
Eat lemon or lime, sea salt, and iodine. Especially, do this before biomat sessions. The biomat should produce free chloride ions that can be used to produce stomach acid, and it provides a broad range of minerals. No refined, bleached, table salt.
Eat live-culture fermented foods every day, such as yogurt, live pickles, sauerkraut and so forth. Good bacteria kill bad bacteria and also produce needed metabolites that are sent throughout the body doing good. Bad bacteria produce free radicals and toxins that get sent throughout the body doing damage. So make intentionally fermented food part of your lifestyle.
- Fermented foods (for digestion but also restores the immune system and more);
- Bubba’s Pickles (they are not pasteurized, and so are a live fermeneted product);
- Bubba’s Sauerkraut (or homemade);
- EM-1 by TeraGanix (This is a garden product that people take internally and is pre-started in molasses and water for a day).
- Yogurt or Kefir with live culture (the label should say), and/or take these:
- FloraMend Prime Probiotic by Thorne Research (special capsule gets it past your stomach so it will thrive), and/or
- Inner Garden Flora, by RGarden, and/or
- Probiotic Supplement Powder, by GUTpro, and/or
- Primal Defense, by Garden of Life
Ensure your core body temperature (abdomin) is warm enough. The good bacteria need that higher temperature, and so do enzymes. If you tend to be fat around the tummy, your core body temperature is too low and your body is trying to insulate the abdomen to warm it. I use a biomat for this.
Eat diatomaceous earth! This is a clay that is made up of fossilized diatoms. Food grade diatomaceous earth is really cheap; but this stuff is full of good qualities! It is full of a broad spectrum of minerals for one thing. But there are two other reasons to use it. First, it is loaded with silica. As I remember it, 80% of your body’s dry weight is silica and collagen is made from it. You must have heard of collagen… Second, the particles of diatomaceous earth have really sharp edges and it kills parasites in your digestive tract. You would be shocked at how many people have parasites and don’t know it. You, perhaps. So stir a tablespoon into a glass of water and drink it down! Do this twice a day at least periodically. But!…
Inflammation of the linings of the gut is often a problem and diatomaceous earth could irritate a condition like that, so be advised. Aloe is said to be good for this inflammation, but learn about the eight sugars!
Plaque builds up in the digestive system especially due to white flour, which builds up like a plaster on your intestinal wall. You can’t absorb nutrients through the plaque. Okra-Pepsin will remove it. Try the Okra Pepsin Small Intestine Cleanse. And notice that in spite of what the article says, other companies besides Standard Process make an Okra-Pepsin supplement. Okra is incredible in its own right, as a food.
- Take Betaine HCl Pepsin Gentian Root Extract, by ViTAL Nutrients;
- Eat foods easy to digest and that are restorative to the digestion;
- Chicken broth soups made from free range or organic chicken;
- Fresh or stabilized Aloe Vera to heal the inflamed linings in the gut (many Aloe Vera products are worthless because the juice contains enzymes that degrade it after harvesting). Speaking of gut inflammation, don’t eat wheat or any GMO grains!
- Ambrotose (expensive but exceptional – not just aloe; all 8 sugars – restores the immune system), or
- Eight Sugars recipes, (kombu, shiitake, etc.) and/or
- Fresh gel from your own aloe plant, or Freeze Dried Aloe Vera.
- Do not eat “wheat“. It’s not really wheat and it’s poisonous.
Four Foods never to Eat
Azodicarbonamide: a foaming agent in plastics and as a whitening agent in flour. The fast food restaurants, McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy’s, Arby’s, Jack-in-the-Box, and Chick-Fil-A use it in their bread. Subway does not.
Diet Soda: That is due to artificial sweeteners. Gut yeast loves it, and loves sugar, too! Sugar is 8x more addictive than cocaine. It is the gut yeast causing this craving. Many call it the #1 cause of obesity.
Coffee: This stimulates acid production in the stomach and dehydration. But a big deal with coffee is the sugar most people put in it.
Alcohol: It does not turn to sugar. It kills friendly bacteria.
“All health begins in the gut.” Hippocrates
None of the above is medical advice, but for information only. Do your own research!
Social media? Go where they pay you!
Free sign-up, but you need an invitation so icliks invites you, below.